For academic year 2020/21, the DfE have provided additional funds for the purposes of supporting learners whose learning was disrupted as result of the Covid 19 pandemic situation, to provide additional learning time to small groups of learners.
UCG will be providing additional learning hours to main programme provision, to support learners to catch up and close any gaps in their learning.
Tuition support will be offered to identified learners on a case by case basis, by teachers, who fall into the categories of learners in scope.
Who are the learners in scope:
- All learners will be aged 16-19, and have not yet achieved a grade 4 or above in English and/or maths
- Students with special educational needs and disabilities, including those aged 19-24 who need additional time can also be supported
How is UCG using this fund:
- Additional small group workshops in English and maths for topic support
- GCSE and Functional Skills revision workshops for exam preparation
- Skills building workshops for lower level learners to focus on study skills, work organisation, focused support for the embedding of technical skills
The funds will be ring fenced to support the above activity.