Our ESOL courses will help you if you want to find a job, study another College course, or go to University. You will also develop communication skills which could help you make new friends or explore new hobbies or interests. Our teachers are very experienced and are always ready to help you.
We have very high success rates on our ESOL courses, lots of our past students have moved on to other courses offered at the College, found new jobs, or even started their own businesses.
Our ESOL courses are available from September to July. For adults we have 3 enrolment periods; September, January and April and offer daytime and evening classes.
For those ages 16-18, we offer daytime classes and enrol in September for the full year. Our courses include subjects related to; Science, Health and Social Care, Drama, Art, Employability and Functional Skills maths.
- Flexible start dates and lesson times
- Fully supported classes
- Varied and innovative teaching methods with experienced teachers
- Focused on learning for entry to level 3 and higher education courses or employment
- Bursaries available for eligible learners
Do you know?
- Our ESOL courses run throughout the year from September to July at our Willesden and Wembley campuses.
- Brent is one of London’s most diverse boroughs with around 100 ‘native tongues’ represented - the College proudly reflects that diversity. Considered a great strength, our ESOL students benefit from working together and sharing their experiences.
Progression can include moving to the next level of ESOL, or onto a vocational course upon completion of Entry 3/Level 1 ESOL. As your English improves, so will your employment opportunities.
ESOL course levels
Pre-Entry is specifically for unemployed candidates who are unable to speak, read and/or write in English or people with a low level of English who would like to attend classes to improve their communication. Classes focus on basic literacy, pronunciation and writing practice, reading simple texts and forms.
Entry Level is suitable for candidates with some understanding of the English language, who can read, write and communicate with others but would like to develop their skills further. Employability is a core element of the courses and students develop their job searching and interview skills.
The Level 1 is designed for candidates with a good command of English who would like further practise; speaking and listening, reading and writing, as well as develop their skills further. Employability is a core element of the course and students develop their job searching, interview skills and they also update their CV in preparation to enter the workplace.
For more information on ESOL courses, please click on the links below.
|ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages)||16-18 (Full-time), Adults||ESOL|