Fashion may change but hairdressing and beauty is always on trend. As an industry generating more than £7 billion a year, you’ll find a career in hairdressing and beauty doesn’t have to be in a traditional salon. You could be working in hotels, spas, health clubs, prisons and care homes, or even on cruise ships, film sets, the armed forces’ bases, or be self-employed.
We have an industry-standard, commercial hair and beauty salons on campus, where you’ll gain all the professional skills, knowledge and competencies you’ll need for a successful career. You’ll have real clients to work with and plenty of opportunities to hear direct from those working in the industry right now. You’ll also be able to undertake work experience at leading High street salons who we work closely with.
Through our courses, you’ll be able to specialist in: hair, skin and body care; providing clients various treatments such as hair colouring, cutting, styling, perming, face and body treatments, manicures, pedicures, make-up, facials, cleansing skin, aromatherapy, specialist electrical face and body treatments.
Did you know?
- We have commercial salons with paying clients to provide you with a real working environment
- Our students have won prizes in national and regional hair and beauty competitions, showcasing their excellent knowledge and skills-set
- According to the Careers Happiness Index hairdressers and beauty therapists are two of the happiest jobs in the world
Ranging from £17,000 at entry level up to £25,000 with the potential to earn more.
Upon successful completion of your course, you will have the opportunity to enter into a variety of jobs including including hair technician, make-up artist, hairdresser and even starting your own business.
- Learn in professional salons, working with real clients
- Links with employers and industry
- Take part in regional and national skills competitions
- All students need to purchase a kit and uniform for the hairdressing and beauty courses. A bursary may be available for eligible learners.
For more information on Hair and Beauty courses, please click on the links below.
|Certificate in an Introduction to the Hair and Beauty Sector (QCF): Level 1||16-18 (Full-time)||F.E. Courses|
|Diploma in an Introduction to the Hair and Beauty Sector (QCF): Level 1||Adults||F.E. Courses|
|Diploma in Beauty Therapy (QCF): Level 2||16-18 (Full-time), Adults||VTCT|
|Diploma in Beauty Therapy Techniques (QCF): Level 3||16-18 (Full-time), Adults||VTCT|
|Diploma in Women's Hairdressing (QCF): Level 2||16-18 (Full-time), Adults||VTCT|
|Diploma in Women's Hairdressing (QCF): Level 3||16-18 (Full-time), Adults||VTCT|